Nov 5, 2008

"Go Green" Series

Hello. I was meaning to add more entries to this blog. And finally I am introducing my recent painting series "Go Green" today.

"Go Green" Series:

I have started this series in order to promote the idea of "Go Green". I am basically a kind of artist who tries to use materials as safe as possible. But especially for artworks in this series, I use only non-toxic materials, (Gesso, 3D modeling material, acrylic paints, acrylic gels and acrylic varnish), and create the image of which dominant color is Green.

Nowadays, there are so many great artists out there who care about our environment and use recycled materials or eco-friendly materials in their art works to be kind to the earth. As I said I want to promote "the idea" of "Go Green" in this series, compared to them, I am not really doing anything special here. But, as I also wanted to show my love for the earth in my art, I have decided to start with what I can do.

Also The color "green" is not only the relaxing color that you find in nature, but in spirituality, it is the color of healing, the color of heart chakra. Since there are many kinds of Green you can find in nature, from the color of deep forest to the color of sprouts in spring, it would be a interesting series. I am trying to make various green paintings in series.

I will start to share some of "Go Green" Series painting on this blog for next few weeks. (No promise...but I suppose I will.) :-)

My "Go Green" Paintings and Wall Art are available at:
My Studio Shop: www.euphorianchicstudio.com
My Etsy Shop: www.euphorianchicstudio.etsy.com

Love, Yoshika

No comments:

Post a Comment