Mar 20, 2008

Bloblove -- Karim Rashid Exhibition

Well, this post is a little too late for his exhibition. It already ended on 15th. I wanted to post it earlier, but things were a little hectic around me recently.
Anyway, I had to go to Manhattan the other day, so I also brought myself to his exhibition in Chelsea and had a little gallery tour myself. Although I also wanted to show other artist's works that I liked, my scanner seems to be broken now.

Ok. Back to Rashid갏. I am a huge fan of his works, especially his industrial designs. Well, in one article about him, he says he never liked nature,(which is almost opposite of me, by the way. He says it's because nature is already complete. It makes sense, though...)but anyway who cares. His designs are just great! I really love to hear his concepts behind his works as well. It's deep. And you feel the energy from his work. If you are someone who study designs, whatever your style you work with, there must be a lot that you can learn from him.

Here are some works from his exhibition. Feeling lots of love!!


Spiralik, Flying Kromaskapes 01


FlyingBloblove
Flying Bloblove



SevenSins
Seven Sins

The title of the first image is "Spiralik, Flying Kromaskapes". I couldn't find the meaning of the word "Kromaskapes" in English. I found "Kromeskies" though...But it's Russian style croquett....
But, if you try to look at it that way, it does kind of start to look like it, doesn't it? A twisted croquett.....:DDD
I'm planning another little gallery tour in near future. Hope it'll come true soon:)

Don't forget to check out his other works & shops:
Karim Rashid Offical Site: http://www.karimrashid.com/
Karim Rashid Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/karimrashid
Love, Yoshika

No comments:

Post a Comment