May 3, 2008

My "Love Love" Series No.2

Recently, one of my friends reminded me of the fact that I've always loved Frat Iron Building in NYC. I was thinking of taking some photos of it when I was doing "NYC Dog Walking Tour" Photo project. But I somehow missed the spot. So I went there last week and finally took some, AND also found "Dog Paradise" which I will probably add to the slide show later.
Anyway, when I was a kid, I would dream of going to America, and I hung B&W photos of old NY in my room. And one of them was of course Frat Iron Building. Well, according to the tourist book that I studied when my friend visited me from Japan, (and I finally remembered the name of the Frat Iron Building at that time.) it is the first high rise building in NYC. And I really love that it is still loved by people despite that it isn't so high at all anymore.
So, (firnally reached what I wanted to say...) I wanted to use this photo as a metapher for what I love :-)



Love, Yoshika

No comments:

Post a Comment