Apr 12, 2008

My Window Display Clitique No.2

These are from my window shopping the other day in Upper East Manhattan, the last one is East Village. I thought I should write this entry before I forget!




I just thought these are very eye catchy. It is only that I thought this display sculpture might work better for something else.... It could create very creative & effective window display if used for something else.... I didn't feel this synthetic material matched neither their products nor the wood color of the shop either....


I thought this window was very cute. It wasn't a big window, but very catchy and creative. Their products look good with it too!


Well, I found this cafe very creative. From this cute window display, I first thought it was houseware shop or something. Inside, it seems they also sell some jewelry or something and their table & chair were also well designed and very cute. Everything was so fashionable, but it makes me wonder if the food tastes good or not.... Maybe it tastes like fashion as well.... :D


I think one window display could create lasting impressions in people's mind. And that's very important. And I thought this was a very successful one. This eye catchy window made me wonder what shop it was first.....and I thought it was a very smart idea to use Buddha lighting statues for florist! I think this Buddha statue thing could make the shop look cheap, but they did great job with colors, plant arrangement and choice of furniture etc... it didn't look cheap at all. This window would definitely make people say... "Ah... that florist with orange Buddhas!"



I forgot the name of the shop already. I just liked the lighting. It worked well with their products. It could be used for many other purposes, with different light colors etc....


I think it was an ice cream shop. (I might be wrong...I didn't look closely. ) I just thought this modern feature was very cute. This is very fashionable and young people would love it. And if it really was an ice cream shop, it might makes us feel like eating sherbet. (It wouldn't make me feel their chocolate chip ice cream tasty, though... )

That's all for today...

I caught a cold while going out to Manhattan in recent changeable weathers. But I'm feeling better now :-)

Love, Yoshika

1 comment:

  1. pinkberry is actually a frozen yogurt shop. Similar to Red Mango in Korea.

    ReplyDelete