Apr 1, 2008

My Window Display Critique

This is the Part 2 of my Window Shopping in New York. In my case it is literally "window" shopping, because I seem to be much more interested in the art of window displays than their products. Since there are some displays that I wasn't so crazy about but I wanted to show it here, I decided to call it "Critique" :)))

Anyway, here goes...


This is a small window display of Bergdorf Goodman. I find it sooo cute and sooo creative!



This is another small window of Bergdorf Goodman. Sorry for the bad photo. But, this is also very charming and the vivid colored dress looked really good with those white birds and solid background color!


This is the window of FENDI. It is the second best in my list after yesterday's Bergdorf Goodman show windows.
It's a shame that you can not see two of their cute dresses. But, they have also circular patterns on them, So along with the colorful circular display in the middle, it all looked so good. I love the fact they used spring colors in display complimenting their bags and shoes, and the circular shape for their B&W dresses design. Bravo!


This is the window of PRADA.I loved it. I love the combination of the window theme color (Pink) and the color in the store (lime green)! The color didn't come out right on the photo, but the color pink on the background art is more like, what I call, "diva pink" which is somewhere between passion pink and crimson red. So, it was gorgeous. And the round display table moves! Really it was DIVA display.


This is the window of Versace. I wasn't so crazy about this window. But, if the black shadow cut in the background was what I think it is (It looks animals to me...), I think it's cute. The other window was people shape, so it didn't look quite fashionable. But, either way, I really love the touch of Calla Lily flower arrangement. And I loved their store display inside very much!


This is one of the window of Saks Fifth Ave. I wasn't so thrilled with most of their windows this time, but I found this background very creative. I loved the use of ropes, and origami paper ornaments. But, it looked a little cheesy and aloof from the clothes to me....


This is another window of Saks Fifth Ave. I just like the hanging accessories. They were so cute. But the dress neither looked good there, nor was my taste. Sorry.
I guess that's all for this time.
Happy April Fool's Day to you!
Love, Yoshika

No comments:

Post a Comment